At 38 years old I have a lot of years of programming and some is not the best. How do I know this? I take a look at my life and see what is working, and what is not working.
The subconscious mind stores all of your previous life experiences, your beliefs, your memories, you skills, all situations you’ve been through and all images you’ve ever seen.
The best way to understand the subconscious mind is to look at the example of the person who wants to learn how to drive a car. At the beginning he wouldn’t be able to hold a conversation with anyone while driving as he would be focusing on the different moves involved. That’s because he’s still using his conscious mind to drive.
The subconscious mind; your Autopilot!
Few weeks later driving becomes a natural habit that happens automatically without needing to think about it. That person could even start using his cell phone or talking to his friends while driving.
This happened because the driving habit has been transferred to his subconscious mind and so the conscious mind become free
So after Reading many books such as “the chimp paradox” and books by Dr Joe Dispenza, Bruce Lipton, Gregg Braden, Eckhart tolle, and taking courses in Nlp, Hypnosis, Eft, Mindfulness, all in order for me to understand the mind and gain tools to help rewire my brain. I have been practicing for the last few years methods to help me become aware of my unconscious habits.
This is by no means an easy job but it is a worthwhile one and a never ending one.
Top Tips I have learned so Far.
- Meditate – Just take time out of doing and just be, Start by noticing you breathing and noticing you thoughts.
- Awareness is Key, be aware of your thoughts – there will be specific ones that play on a loop most of the time.
- Emotions – Feel the new emotion that you want to feel. Stand up tall, adopt the new positive confident joyful posture
- Intentions – Set clear intentions of the new habits or new personality that you wish to creaste
- Visualise this already happening. I noticed that visualisation was so powerful when I watched my negative anxious thoughts arising. I would visualise myself being out of control and running for the hills. This is not how I wanted to feel so I said to myself STOP and started visualising the new emotion. Personally I watched a lot of Will SMith and Mohammed Ali and would ask myself – How would they behave right now..
Consciously practice thinking, feeling, visualizing and acting in alignment with your desired intention. When you do this you will stop the unconscious habit of recycling the past and activate your ability to rewire your brain in the present moment.
These are just some of my tips on how I am practicing daily to rewire my brain and I hope they may help you too.